Friday, December 23, 2011

Breathe: Health in, Cancer out

Deep breathing can help calm us in almost all instances. Yoga exercises emphasize the importance of deep, cleaning breaths. If you've been recently diagnosed or are going through treatment, see if this technique might help soothe you:

On a long inhale, say "health in."
On a long exhale, say "cancer out."

Repeat as long as you want. I usually did this for about 10 repetitions a time and, if I were really focusing well, I honestly could envision good, clean white air going in, and the evil cancer going out. I still occasionally do this, five years later.

Now, I seldom mention cancer, I just repeat "health in" on the inhale, and simply relax on the exhale.
Breathe......

1 comment:

Kelly Gibson said...

I used this technique a lot when I was chemoand found it to be very helpful.