Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Did Cancer Make You Want to Sing About George Clooney?

I love this story!

During chemotherapy for triple-negative breast cancer in 2008 and 2009, singer-songwriter Laura Roppe wrote 13 songs that became her album "I'm Still Here." One song, "George Clooney," says "I bet he smells real good." I bet he does, Laura.

The lyrics to another song, "Float Away:"

She says, this life’s too heavy

I’ve reached the breaking point

If I check out now

I can leave it all behind

And float

Float away

But she hears the voice

Of her little girl

Only thing that matters

In this whole world

Gotta find a way

Not to fade away

The San Diego Reader ran an interview with Laura. You can buy her album for $12 and $3 shipping.

Good for you, Laura, for turning to your art during this journey.

No comments: