Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Watch the Scary TNBC Language!!!

I just got a news release from the University of Connecticut about gene splicing and how that can lead to triple-negative breast cancer. It's the beginning of what could be promising research for a targeted therapy for TNBC.

BUT, in the middle of the release is this utterly outrageous sentence:
Triple negatives are the worst breast cancers: they have the highest rates of metastasis, worst prognosis, and no targeted treatments. 
My edit
Triple negative breast cancer can be more aggressive than hormone-positive cancer, but it responds well to chemotherapy. Metastatic TNBC so far has no targeted treatment.
Later in the release, they call TNBC "this most dreaded form of breast cancer."

I am livid! This is irresponsible and wrong. I was diagnosed in June 2006, 13.5 years ago. I had a second cancer in June 2015, 4.5 years ago. I'm doing fine. I didn't like the experience, but I survived, as do most women with TNBC. 

Aurghhhhh. 

This site is entirely volunteer. Please consider supporting this work through your donation.

No comments: