Monday, March 12, 2012

Juicing recipes: A healthy way to drink to St. Paddy

I have a big glass of juice every night as part of my anti-cancer regimen.  I use an Omega juicer, which works quite well.  So, when I got the recipes below from Omega, I thought I would share them with you.  I would especially recommend the ones with kale, bok choy, or broccoli.  These are cruciferous vegetables that are especially good cancer fighters. 

Omega's PR folks presented these as healthy ways to celebrate St. Pat's day—a good plan, especially if it means cutting out the alcohol, which is linked to cancer risk. Interestingly, though, I never celebrate the day named for my namesake.   

So let's drink to our health!




The Ultimate Pot of Gold
Orange Apple Green Juice
2 stalks celery
1/2 cucumber
1 apple
2 oranges
3 big handfuls of sunflower sprouts
1 big handful of broccoli sprouts
3 leaves of kale
1 handful of spinach
1 handful dandelion greens
1 handful cilantro
1 handful beet greens
2 baby bok choy
juice of 1 lemon
1 inch of grated ginger


Luck of the Parsley
1 handful parsley
2 apples
1 handful spinach
1 cucumber
1 lemon
1-inch piece ginger


The Crazy Dublin
3-4 leaves of Kale
5 large Romaine Lettuce leaves
1 Beet, 1/2 bunch of Cilantro
1 Lime, 2 cups fresh Spinach
1/2 Apple
Cherry tomatoes for garnish (optional)


Irish Twist
3 cups fresh baby Spinach
1 Lime, 1 large Tomato
2-3 Carrots and 1/2 Carrot top bunch
1/2 bunch Parsley
1 stalk Celery


Green Morning
4-6 Carrots
4 stalks of Celery
1 Lemon
1 Macintosh or Yellow Apple

No comments: