Saturday, March 31, 2012

Two Weeks Off

I am doing something revolutionary, something I haven't done in years.  I expect it to improve my life and perhaps help me relax.

I am going on vacation for two weeks without my computer.

How I will handle being untethered remains to be seen.  If I want to write, I will make notes in a notebook. Egads.  Remember back when we wrote things by hand?  No, some of you might not.  I remember when computers became commonplace in American journalism and I was appalled.  Really?  Writers were supposed to compose on a machine, like robots?  Well, meet Pat, happy robot.

OK.  Full disclosure.  I will still have my iPhone, and I can still check email.  So I can still be connected, but it will be more difficult for me to actually work.  More difficult, I say, but probably not impossible.

I am trying to sync my new Surviving Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facebook page with my phone and that is not going as well as I would like, but if I get it figured out, I will check in every now and then on Facebook with a link or two.  If you don't hear from me until mid-April,  know you are all on my mind and in my prayers.

No comments: